Five OU Law professors are speaking at the Association of American Law Schools (AALS) 2019 Annual Meeting, being held this week in New Orleans. The meeting affords law faculty, deans, administrators and scholars the opportunity to connect and collaborate, discuss critical and emerging legal issues, and attend programs focused on fresh perspectives on law and legal education.
The OU Law faculty members and the sessions on which they will be speaking are as follows:
- Sarah Burstein – Intellectual Property Remedies at the Supreme Court and Worldwide, presented by the Section on Remedies, Co-Sponsored by Intellectual Property.
- Kit Johnson – Immigration Law Values, presented by the Section on Immigration Law. Professor Johnson also will moderate the Section’s session, New Voices in Immigration Law.
- Melissa Mortazavi – The Ethics of Lawyers in Government, presented by the Section on Professional Responsibility, Co-Sponsored by Leadership.
- Chris Odinet – Property Law: Works-in-Progress, presented by the Section on Property Law. Professor Odinet also will moderate the session, Access + Opportunity + Choice: Housing Capital, Equity, & Market Regulation in the Trump Era, presented by the Section on Real Estate Transactions.
- Megan Shaner – Contractual Governance: The Role of Private Ordering, presented by the Section on Business Associations, Co-Sponsored by Contracts; Securities Regulation; and Transactional Law.
The full schedule of sessions and events is available here.
More News & Media
Students Tour Gulfport Energy Production Site
Students enrolled in Oil and Gas Environmental Law recently toured the Gulfport Energy production site, where they directly observed operating oil and natural gas wells and affiliated treatment and storage facilities.
Veterans Day Tribute to OU Law Service Members
This Veterans Day, as we honor and remember the men and women who have selflessly served their country, we recognize members of the OU Law community who have also chosen the path of military service.
OBA to Honor Five from OU Law
Five members of the OU Law family will receive awards from the Oklahoma Bar Association in recognition of their professional accomplishments and contributions to the legal profession.
Gehrig Thurston, Department of Communications and Events