● Two works of Prof. Sarah Burstein, The “Article of Manufacture” in 1887, Berkeley Technology Law Journal (2017), and The “Article of Manufacture” Today, Harvard Journal of Law & Technology (forthcoming) (2018), were cited by U.S. District Judge Lucy Koh in her order to send Apple and Samsung back to district court in their patent infringement case over smartphone design, which has stretched nearly seven years. Read the order here.
● Emeritus Prof. Drew Kershen was honored with the Excellence in Agricultural Law Award at the American Agricultural Law Association (AALA) Annual Conference held in Louisville, Kentucky. The AALA particularly emphasized Kershen’s creation, compilation, and update of an Agricultural Law Bibliography that now contains almost 8,000 entries. The National Agricultural Law Center hosts the master AgLaw Bibliography on its website: www.nationalaglawcenter.org. Kershen’s quarterly updates of the bibliography have been published in the AALA AgLawUpdte periodical since the mid-1990s.
● Prof. Jonathan Forman was recently interviewed for a segment on NPR’s Planet Money. In the interview, Forman explains tontines, a joint financial arrangement whereby the participants usually contribute equally to a fund that is awarded entirely to the participant who survives all the others. Tontines were invented in the 17th century and were relatively widespread in the 18th and 19th centuries. Listen to Prof. Forman’s interview here.
● In the current issue of AALL Spectrum, the article “Finding Relevance in an Ever-evolving Legal World” includes OU Law as a featured law program. The article cites OU Law’s Digital Initiative and the heavy involvement of law librarians, such as Prof. Kenton Brice. In the article, Brice explains how OU Law uses tools like virtual reality to help students one day become technologically savvy lawyers. Read the article here.
● Associate Dean Katheleen Guzman recently attended Yale Law School as a Regional Representative on the Yale Law School Association Executive Committee. The committee meets in New Haven twice a year to discuss Law School programs. Guzman earned her LL.M. from Yale Law School.
● Prof. Monika Ehrman participated in the recent Arkansas Law Review Symposium, which focused on Environmental Sustainability and Private Governance. Ehrman was part of a panel discussion on Energy and Climate Change.
More News & Media
OU College of Law Professor Emeritus Receives 2022 OBA Earl Sneed Award
NORMAN, OKLA. – OU College of Law Professor Emeritus Robert Spector was recently named the recipient of the 2022 Oklahoma Bar Association Earl Sneed Award during the OBA Annual Conference...
Kevin Hayes to Receive OU Law's Prestigious Eugene Kuntz Award
NORMAN, OKLA. – The University of Oklahoma College of Law will honor Tulsa attorney Kevin Hayes with the Eugene Kuntz Award on Nov. 10 at the Oklahoma Oil and Gas Reception in the Oklahoma City...
OU Law to Honor Outstanding Alumni at the Order of the Owl Hall of Fame Ceremony
NORMAN, OKLA . — The University of Oklahoma College of Law will honor four outstanding alumni at its annual Order of the Owl Hall of Fame ceremony Thursday, Feb. 9, 2023, in the Molly Shi Boren...