For Immediate Release
Media Contact: Evie Holzer, firstname.lastname@example.org
NORMAN – The University of Oklahoma American Indian Law Review, Student Bar Association, Native American Law Student Association, and Native American Studies program present the Overcoming Barriers Symposium with registration beginning at 7:45 a.m. Thursday, March 7, at the College of Law, 300 Timberdell Road in Norman.
This daylong symposium blends the richness of Native American culture with the profound legal landscapes facing America’s tribes. In addition, the symposium's afternoon programming provides 3.5 hours of free Continued Legal Education credits.
Some of the most renowned scholars and practitioners will exchange their wisdom on resolving intra-tribal conflict and defining jurisdictional boundaries. Symposium participants will also have the opportunity to take a Native American Art tour on display at the OU College of Law and experience musical entertainment by Native American musicians.
Symposium presenters include:
- Kevin Washburn, Assistant Secretary of Indian Affairs, U.S. Department of the Interior
- David Mullon, Staff Director and Chief Counsel, Senate Committee on Indian Affairs
- Ed Kneedler, Deputy Solicitor General of the United States
- Leroy Sage Not Afraid, Justice of the Peace, Big Horn County, Montana
- Tracy Toulou, Director of the Office of Tribal Justice, U.S. Department of Justice
- Barbara Anne Smith, Honorable Supreme Court Justice, Chickasaw Nation
- Michael Colbert Smith, Honorable Judge, Sac and Fox Nation
To register online and view the full symposium agenda, go to www.law.ou.edu/ailrsymposium. For additional information, contact Paige Hoster at email@example.com or Chris Thompson at firstname.lastname@example.org.
More News & Media
OU College of Law Professor Emeritus Receives 2022 OBA Earl Sneed Award
NORMAN, OKLA. – OU College of Law Professor Emeritus Robert Spector was recently named the recipient of the 2022 Oklahoma Bar Association Earl Sneed Award during the OBA Annual Conference...
Kevin Hayes to Receive OU Law's Prestigious Eugene Kuntz Award
NORMAN, OKLA. – The University of Oklahoma College of Law will honor Tulsa attorney Kevin Hayes with the Eugene Kuntz Award on Nov. 10 at the Oklahoma Oil and Gas Reception in the Oklahoma City...
OU Law to Honor Outstanding Alumni at the Order of the Owl Hall of Fame Ceremony
NORMAN, OKLA . — The University of Oklahoma College of Law will honor four outstanding alumni at its annual Order of the Owl Hall of Fame ceremony Thursday, Feb. 9, 2023, in the Molly Shi Boren...